Panel Discussion Feedback
- "It's great that we just did not get an answer, but rather food for thought."
- "Dynamic, engaging, respectful of our time and our brains. Offered a vision for how teaching *should* be."
- "Thank you for a wonderful workshop. It was very easy to follow and it had a lot of excellent ideas that I will incorporate in my classes."
- "Well done presentation, I really enjoyed the activities presented and modeled from the presenter. This workshop helped me a lot."
- "It was very interactive and relevant in addressing the literacy needs of older adults."
- "I learned about the importance of establishing partnerships through in-person visits to other organizations, as well as referring people who, for whatever reason, cannot participate in one's own program to another one."
- "Teaching ABE/HSE Math is new to me; glad for the info on resources/groups."
- "Thank you for sharing the writings. It gave me a new perspective into teaching writing."
- "Good instructor for this workshop full of energy and bright ideas. Explained well the difference between speakers of language and literacy and how that impacts lesson development and the expectations of the students. I'm going to use the idea of learning to write and say the letters of basic information such as name, street address and personal information."
- "I teach math, but the information presented and student feedback is invaluable."
Panel Discussion Feedback
- "It was an eye opener, especially about the use of hashtags. Thank you for the information."
- I'm glad that I attended the panel and found out about what I can do to support my students."
- "I had not planned on attending the May Day rally; however, the panelists' passion motivated me not only to participate, but also to reach out to a former student who accompanied me to the event."
- "It was excellent!"
- "Thank you for doing it!"
- "Alondra and I would like to thank all of you for preparing the consortium, as a well as for the warm welcome and technical assistance we received last weekend. With your support, our workshop was a successful mutual learning experience for us and our patricipants. Also, the two other workshops I attendance and the panel taught me both professional skills and important information to share with the immigrant students in our program." -- Davis Schlifka and Alondra de la Jusus
- Kudos once again to you all for the tremendous event you all put on! I know one thing... participants walked out feeling taller about helping others in adult ed. They felt proud of their craft; inspired to learn even more; and energized about the new ideas they had for their next class. And even more awesome is that they will boost other colleagues, and all of them combined will do an even more amazing job helping those they teach. Bravo to you all." -- Robert Breitbard, Burlington English
- "Thank you so much for inviting me to the NYC Consortium for Adult Basic Education Conference. It was my pleasure to engage with the teachers and to provide legal resources so that they can distribute them and empower their students. I also enjoyed attending one of the breakout sessions on project-based learning using art. It was terrific. Overall, you did such an amazing job at organizing and you were so attentive to my needs that I felt at home and super welcomed. Kudos to you ad the committee for doing such a fantastic job! Please keep me informed of how else I can be of assistance to you." -- Anthony Posada, Legal Aid Society
- This was the best workshop I've given at the conference. I had a great time and I think the participants found it worthwhile. They also had some great suggestions for one another having to do with adapting the activities to their students' levels and needs. Several of them are going to come to the May 11 reading to what it's like, and I hope they'll participate in the program next year. So thank you and committee for encouraging me to submit a proposal. I'm really glad I did." -- Madeline Cohen, Symphony Space
- "It's always a pleasure to be part of the ABE Conference. Thank you for inviting me to be a presenter. You and the Conference Committee deserve a great commendation for a super job! Thank you for all your effort to make the Conference a big success!" -- Nick Miraflores, DYCD
- "It was great to see so many educators come together to discuss ideas on how best to support the immigrant community. As the daughter of Colombian immigrants, I was happy and proud to be a part of it. My mom also had a great time - thank you for the awesome welcome that all of you gave her." -- Carmencita Guterrier
- "Thank you all so much for the amazing work you do to put on the conference every year. It is a true treasure for our field in NYC." -- Nell Eckersley
- "I wanted to thank you all for making the conference a great and welcoming experience for the presenters and the attendees (I was both). The sessions I attended were of high quality, and I found the participants in mine were wonderful to work with. I look forward to finding ways to continue to work together. -- Gwen Lowenheim